Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Today, as promised, I am sharing my recipe for healthified vegan Rice Krispie treats. These make great homemade valentines, which is what I am using them for! Everyone loves a homemade gift, especially if it’s food. Am I right or am I right?
This recipe, as opposed to the store bought version, is free of:
- Corn Syrup
- Processed Sugar
- Artificial Flavors
Making these for your valentine will show them that you care about their wellbeing, save them from a probable stomachache, AND show off your mad kitchen skills. Even though this recipe is supa easy and takes like 5 minutes. They don’t have to know 😉.
3 ingredient healthy vegan rice krispie treats
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal (I used Trader Joes brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Measure cereal into medium size bowl and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil and agave in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Leave the mixture to boil for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add salt and vanilla if using.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of cereal and combine.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to make shapes. Decorate with sprinkles and melted chocolate for an extra sweet touch!