superfood encyclopedia: ginger
Happy Friday babes!
So today we are doing something a little different and hopping over to the health scene. Who’s excited?!? When I started this blog, I intended to share a lot more about wellness & nutrition. Which hasn’t exactly happened.. until now! There are a lot of conflicting opinions regarding what’s healthy for you/different diets but I say stick to what works for you, and if you want to hear my thoughts, here they are!
I hope you guys enjoy this type of post, it will be the first of many! Let me know what superfoods you want me to look at next.
Have a lovely weekend, I will see you back on Monday!
benefits of ginger:
1. aids in digestion
2. reduces inflammation
3. lowers blood sugar
4. pain relief – performs as effectively as ibuprofen
5. improved brain function (antioxidants found in ginger reduce inflammation of the brain, improving its function & protecting against alzheimer’s)
6. curbs nausea
7. boosts immune system
how to use:
(daily serving size recommendation is 2 teaspoons)
- in juice (pre or homemade)
- ginger tea: cut raw ginger into chucks, add into hot water. optional: add fresh lemon for taste + extra health benefits!
- soup: cut 1-2 sweet potatoes into small/medium chunks & add to quart of water with raw ginger (to taste). boil until sweet potatoes are soft. optional: add coconut sugar or brown sugar to sweeten
- add to smoothies